Associate Director of Prior Learning Assessment
There is a community that exists inside our organization. Working as a team at Ashford University, we build partnerships while providing opportunities for students and employees to grow and become their best. We nurture our employees and strive to promote from within.
Ashford University’s vision is to provide high-quality, accessible and affordable degree programs that meet the diverse educational needs of individuals pursuing informed personal goals and success in their professions and communities.
Ashford University was founded on the principle that education improves lives. Ashford University employees witness such change every day. Ashford University is doing well by doing good, and we value the opportunity we've been given.
The Associate Director of PLA position is a full-time employment opportunity. The Associate Director of PLA is responsible for the development, continuous improvement, and evaluation of the university’s prior learning assessment program. The Associate Director is also responsible for analyzing PLA data and providing reports as requested by Ashford University officials. The Associate Director will possess a thorough understanding of the theory and application of prior learning assessment, as well as remain knowledgeable about changes in the field of prior learning. The Associate Director of PLA reports to the Director of Program Review.
Essential Job Duties:
• Implement, evaluate, and continuously improve the University’s Prior Learning Assessment program
• Possess knowledge regarding transfer credit policies and procedures
• Develop relationships with Academics, Registrar, Student Services, and Channel Markets to promote and improve the Prior Learning Assessment program
• Evaluate corporate training programs
• Assist students throughout the submission process
• Provide reports on a regular basis, manage database, and make data driven decisions based on information
• Develop and deliver training for Faculty, Student Services, Registrar, and Channel Markets
Additional Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
• Supervise and support the Prior Learning Assessment Specialists
• Manage the online Prior Learning Assessment Center and Information Centers in Ashford’s Learning Management System (LMS)
• Develop and maintain standardized evaluation list
• Recruit, train, and assign faculty to evaluate prior learning assessment submissions
• Manage the electronic archiving of students’ work and related evaluations
• Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
• Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
• Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
• Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
• Leading Change: This competency serves as the foundation of the Leadership competency model as it aligns the behaviors and characteristic of the individuals with the organization’s mission and core values. Inherent in this competency is the individual’s ability to balance change and continuity; to continually strive to improve organizational framework; to create a work environment that encourages innovation; and to maintain focus, intensity and persistence, even under adversity.
• Leading People: The second leadership competency involves the ability to maximize human capital by fostering an environment that encompasses the organization’s culture and execute the mission, goals and core values.
• Business Acumen: This competency involves the ability to understand and administer business information cross departmentally in a manner that inspires confidence, instills trust and accomplishes the organization’s goals.
• Building Communication: The fourth leadership competency encompasses written and verbal communications of facts and ideas as well as developing a professional network inside and outside the organization.
• Driving Results: The final competency stresses accountability and continuous improvement through decision making, execution and producing results.
• Experience with traditional and nontraditional learners
• Ability to work independently and within a team
• Ability to prioritize, schedule, and meet deadlines
• Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written)
• Maintain a professional and competent demeanor with faculty, staff, students, and community
• Ability to effectively lead and manage a team of people demonstrated by a minimum of 3-5 years management experience
• Ability to use critical thinking skills, logic and reasoning, and interpersonal skills to effectively work with a variety of constituents
Looking for additional insight on this specific role? Not sure if the job is for you, but know someone who sounds like a perfect fit? Email us at: TalentAcquisition@bpiedu.com
and someone with the inside track would be more than happy to be a resource for you!
• Experience with distance education experience preferred
• Administrative experience preferred
• Understanding of Learning Management Systems preferred
• Master’s degree required
Note: This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history and a professional reference check; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually quiet to moderate.
Technology Changes Everything.
New inventions have already changed the way we look up facts, find our way around town, and communicate with each other. Now technology is changing education, too. Ashford University brings together a worldwide student body with the latest in learning technology as well as a traditional campus in Clinton, Iowa.
Because knowledge is everywhere, for everyone.
We offer our team competitive benefits (M/V/D/401k/ESPP) and salaries, a safe work environment, innovative training, accelerated career advancement, the ability to take classes and programs gratis, and a collegiate and collaborative environment to work and grow in. Ashford University understands that our success depending on the development of strong leadership within the organization.
To be considered an applicant, all interested and qualified parties MUST apply through the Ashford University online employment application system.
For additional information about our University, please visit www.ashford.edu.
Ashford University is an Affirmative Action employer that provides Equal Employment Opportunity to all employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, handicap or disability, or Vietnam-era or special veteran status. This policy is established and administered in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws.
Notice to Prospective Employees
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), prospective employees are entitled to request and receive a copy of Ashford University Annual Campus Security Report. The Report can be accessed at 2011 AU Campus and Safety Report. The report includes certain campus safety policies and statistics on reportable crimes and incidents that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings, and on public property immediately adjacent to campus or accessible from campus for three previous years. The policies include campus security policies, crime prevention, and alcohol and drug use, and sexual assault, among others. To obtain a paper copy of the report, please contact HumanResources@bpiedu.com
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @AshfordUCareers and @BPEdCareers