Give your institution the instant capacity to recruit and retain more adult students by providing them with opportunities to earn credit using PLA. We offer the following services through LearningCounts:
- Free PLA advising to students
- Online course in PLA (CAEL 100 or Do-It-Yourself)
- Access to an extensive faculty roster, trained according to CAEL standards
- Review of learning experiences by faculty experts for college-level equivalency
- Free Prior Learning Credit Predictor to facilitate student engagement
- Archived electronic record of student's history of prior learning
To learn how to create their portfolios, students have a choice between a self-paced non-credit course (Do-It-Yourself), or an instructor-led six-week 3 credit course worth 3 college credits (CAEL 100). Students will incur the following fees:
Becoming an Affiliate is easy. Download an application and return to us via fax or email.
- Tuition for CAEL 100 is $895 and is completed with a small cohort in six weeks. Your passing grade in the course is worth 3 lower division credits, and the portfolio you complete during the class could also be worth 3 credits. Download the syllabus.
- Tuition for DIY is $129. It doesn’t have an instructor and can be completed at your own pace. This does not include any portfolio assessments. All portfolios must be purchased separately after completion of the course. Download the syllabus.
- Each Portfolio Review is $125, the equivalence of one college course (3 credits).
Want more features and administrative benefits? Become a part of our Featured Network to get full-service PLA solutions that yield revenue with little to no operating cost.
Featured Network institutions receive the benefit of a full-service PLA department. We’ll handle the
student registration process, and train your advisors to identify good PLA candidates. Your institution sets the fee for course tuition and portfolio assessment, and LearningCounts invoices you directly. So beyond giving your students access to innovative and flexible means of earning credit at your college or university, you also have increased revenue opportunity with little to no operating cost. CAEL members qualify for Featured Network benefits with an additional annual service fee.
In addition to the services listed above, Featured Network members receive:
- Option to list both LearningCounts portfolio development courses in their academic catalogs.
- Flexibility to set tuition and assessment rates for LearningCounts services to students.
- Featured Network members are invoiced for these services by LearningCounts and have the ability to earn revenue on these services.
- Marketing Toolkits and consulting services to customize marketing materials and strategies.
- Ability to transcribe all LearningCounts credits directly on Featured Network transcripts.
- Training of advisors, admissions and other appropriate departments via webinar (or in-person for an additional fee).
- Logo, contact information, and direclty linked URL as a Featured College or University on the LearningCounts website.
if you are interested in our Featured Network program.