Industry & Skills Analysis
Yesterday’s job skills often do not match today’s or tomorrow’s careers. The Council for Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL) helps you understand changing skill needs and how to assess the hidden skills job seekers already have—so you can ensure you are providing education and training that employers value.
Understand Changing Skill Needs
In our fast-moving economy, employers are constantly in need of workers with different, and often new, skills. CAEL can address changing skill needs by helping you:
- Talk to the Right Employers—Some firms lead and others will follow. CAEL helps you make sure you target employers who are looking to the future.
- Arm Yourself with Knowledge—CAEL helps you become familiar with the latest industry information and resources from across the country to ensure that you make the most of your limited time with employers.
- Make the Information Usable—Key information is useless if it sits on a shelf. CAEL helps you use your data to create tools for your career counselors, instructors, and employer representatives.
Assess the Hidden Skills Job Seekers already Have
When a position is eliminated, it doesn’t mean all the skills involved in that position are irrelevant. CAEL uncovers hidden skills by helping you:
- Ask the Right Questions—CAEL helps you make sure your career counseling staff knows how to ask questions that unearth hidden skills.
- Recognize that Knowledge Is Power—Losing a job knocks the wind out people, especially if they have been long-term employees. CAEL helps you empower them with knowledge about their existing, transferable skills.
- Discover when the Sum Is Greater than Its Parts—Workers may have scattered evidence of varied skills such as certificates of training completion and performance reviews. CAEL helps you give them a bigger advantage by creating portfolios showcasing a lifetime of work experience and on-the-job skills.
Provide Education and Training that Employers Value
Many employers feel that their local education and training providers are not able to meet their needs. CAEL helps local education and training systems become more effective by helping you:
- Engage Employers in Planning— CAEL helps you communicate effectively with employers to keep them engaged as needs evolve and change.
- Know What You Have—You can't make the right changes if you don’t know where you’re starting. CAEL helps you understand your current education and training systems before you invest in new programs.
- Recognize Prior Learning—Learning takes place in the classroom, online, in military and corporate training, and on-the-job. CAEL helps you create a program to recognize these experiences to help people achieve employability faster.
Contact us to explore industry and skills analysis options.