Now in its 48th year, the CAEL Annual Conference is widely known as the place for leaders to connect with experts from postsecondary education, workforce and economic development, and industry.
Join us in beautiful downtown Chicago, at the Palmer House Hotel, for the 2022 CAEL Annual Conference this November! The CAEL conference is a unique opportunity to learn from educators, employers, and community leaders focused on aligning learning and work so that adults achieve continuous economic advancement. It is an exciting hybrid experience to accommodate both in person and virtual participation, held in accordance with all local and national safety regulations. You’ll have a unique opportunity to meet the best minds in adult learning, inside and outside of postsecondary education.
Who Should Attend?
Attendees share a desire to improve the connections between education and career that drive adult learner success and equitable economic growth. With over 1,000 attendees at CAEL’s 2021 Hybrid Conference, we’re building on the momentum for 2022, when we’ll again bring together adult learning leaders from postsecondary institutions, workforce and economic development, and other organizations working to support and serve adult learners.
"The CAEL conference convenes forward thinking professionals in higher education and workforce development. A must attend conference for participants interested in connecting bridges for all learners and lifelong learning" -Evelyn Fernandez-Ketcham Executive Director, Workforce Development
These are the typical attendees at CAEL’s annual conference:
- Adult Learning specialists and advocates
- Workforce Boards, Chambers of Commerce & Economic Development organizations
- Leaders or practitioners of accelerated programs (i.e. 8-week) and/or online learning programs
- Employers investing in workforce education & training
- Prior Learning Assessment faculty and administrators
- Those interested in Competency-Based Assessment
- Government, labor, business, and educational professionals involved in workforce development programs and policy
- Executives and managers of nonprofits and community-based organizations working with adult learners
- Individuals involved in issues related to skills standards and employability
- College representatives interested in creating a more adult learning focused institution
- Human resource development and training professionals
- Continuing education professionals
Subscribe to 2022 Conference Updates
Registration Now Open
Whether you prefer to join us in person in Chicago, or virtually, the conference is an opportunity to learn from leading minds across the entire work-learn ecosystem.
Sponsor the Conference
Every year, we're fortunate to have an amazing lineup of sponsors who are enthusiastic about getting their message in front of the most engaged audience of post secondary leaders, workforce dynamos and HR rockstars for synergy.