Call for Proposals: CAEL Forum and News Wants Your Insight!
Once a year, CAEL publishes a print issue of CAEL Forum and News, a publication that examines the world of the adult learner from multiple perspectives. Each issue provides expert insight into best practices, research and thought leadership on trends in education and the workforce as shared by CAEL staff, researchers and professors.
The Forum and News Editorial Board is seeking article proposals for this year’s print issue, which will be published in late Fall 2017. This year’s focus, “Linking Learning and Work,” will showcase strategic partnerships between postsecondary education and employers on behalf of the adult learner and the workforce.
Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
- Soft skills – assessment and training
- Crosswalks between workforce board job training and academic programs
- Employer/higher education partnerships
- Employers involved in CBE program development
- Institutional best practices with industry advisory councils
- Innovations in career services and post completion placement
- Internships and other experiential learning for adults (workplace learning, mentoring, site visits, etc.)
- Experiential learning or applied learning in the classroom
- Leveraging of employer-provided tuition assistance
- Evaluating employer training for college credit
Interested? Please submit an abstract describing the article you wish to propose (limit 300 words) by March 10, 2017. For detailed guidelines for proposing an article, including submission information, click below.