Learn How to Measure Prior Learning Assessment Success with CAEL’s Upcoming PLA Data Tracking Webinar
We recently debunked a few myths surrounding prior learning assessment (PLA), including the one that it lacks sufficient rigor. As we noted, CAEL conducts PLA against a framework that ensures that assessment is measurable, trackable and accurately reflects learning gained through equivalent course work.
As longtime advocates of PLA, we know that two of the most important elements of the long term success and improvement of an institutional prior learning assessment program is the ability to set measurable goals and to track quantitative outcomes.
Central to this is a robust, deliberate and organized data tracking system for PLA.
That’s why we’re hosting an informative webinar, PLA Data Tracking, to help you think about how to start measuring the impact of your work.
The webinar will cover:
- PLA program goal setting;
- Assessing how progress to those goals can be tracked within a student information system;
- Suggestions for standardized coding of the various PLA methods;
- Examples of reporting; and
- How to best use your data and reports to improve your PLA program, and to advocate on its behalf within your institution.
This webinar will also examine how such data tracking can be used in a wider, inter-institutional context.
The webinar will be held on Thursday, April 13 from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. Central Standard Time. CAEL Members can gain access for a reduced rate of $185. Non-members can view the webinar for $345.
To register for the PLA Data Tracking webinar, click here.