The leader in linking learning and work, the 501(c)(3) nonprofit Council for Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL) pursues work at all levels within the public and private sectors to enhance learning opportunities for adults around the world.
Meaningful learning, credentials, and work for every adult.
- We advocate and innovate on behalf of adult learners to increase access to education and economic security.
- We provide adults with career guidance and help them earn college credit for what they already know.
- We equip colleges and universities to attract, retain, and graduate more adult students.
- We provide employers with smart strategies for employee development.
- We build workforce organizations’ capacity to connect worker skills to employer demands.
Learn about the education experts who make up CAEL’s staff, board of trustees, and business advisors.
Join CAEL to receive free webinars, discounts on professional development, events, and publications—and stay up-to-date on the latest research and trends in adult learning.
View Membership Details
Support CAEL’s work in adult learning and bring new research, innovations, and advocacy to life.
View Donation Details
Search for employment opportunities with CAEL and other organizations in the adult learning field.
View Open Jobs
Read answers to some common questions about CAEL’s work.
Let us know what you need—we are ready to help you.