Career and Education Advisor Certification
CAEL and Indiana University have developed an online, instructor-led course designed specifically for those who need to provide career and education advice to adults. Participants will learn how to:
• Apply career development theory to your work
• Assess the value of education and training related to career choice
• Gather labor market data to assist with career planning and advising
• Help others develop a career plan
• Advise a diverse workforce
• Deal with ethical issues
• Help adults leverage social networking tools
The course content is organized into six Modules, each addressing specific competency areas. Each Module takes two weeks to complete.
Module 1: Foundations of Career Development Theory
Module 2: Education and Training for Adults
Module 3: Data Gathering for Career Planning
Module 4: The Career Planning Process
Module 5: Advising a Diverse Workforce; Social Networking; Ethics in Advising
Continuing Education Credit
The total anticipated contact time for this course is 90 contact hours (9.0 CEU’s for organizations awarding CEU’s for the instruction).
This course starts September 7, 2015.
To learn more, please click here