Training & Events
CAEL’s Thriving Communities and Economic Mobility Regional Summit is coming to Atlanta March 7-8!
About the Summit:
We invite you to attend our upcoming dynamic in-person Regional Summit focused on partnership development to align systems and key actors in the workforce, education and employment landscape, all aimed at bridging the gap for adult learners to access meaningful careers and drive social and economic mobility. This Summit serves as a unique opportunity to bring together thought leaders and diverse stakeholders to learn from each other, forge relationships, and work collaboratively to accelerate the region's talent agenda.
March 7 - Pre-Regional Summit (Free to all interested!)
Learn about utilizing SNAP E&T to advance equity and economic mobility to create education to career pathways that center the needs of adult learners and workers. CAEL, along with our partners, Seattle Jobs Initiatives, Grant Associates, and American Public Human Services Association, will highlight innovative ways for community colleges to support student basic needs through SNAP E&T.
March 8 - Regional Summit:
How can the region ramp up an inclusive workforce ready to tackle the rapidly-developing knowledge economy? That’s one of the key issues bringing together experts at CAEL’s 2nd Annual Regional Summit. Developing talent pathways to meet workforce demands remains the top priority for employers, workforce developers, and educators.
The Regional Summit sessions will cover a variety of key topics critical to developing a more effective and equitable education-to-workforce system for adult learners and workers. These sessions, presentations, and panels provide ample opportunity for peer learning, and sharing strategies, practices, and resources.
This convening will focus on strengthening workforce-education-career initiatives and will highlight innovative strategies to align the workforce to current adult learner and worker needs. Learn from experts who address key topics affecting our region's workforce and education pipelines.
Speakers include representatives from:
- The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
- University System of Georgia
- Seattle Jobs Initiatives
- Grant Associates
- American Public Human Services Association
- More to be announced soon!
Who should attend:
The Summit is open to any professional or organization who wants to team up with other like-minded individuals and organizations to foster an engaged and responsive workforce and create a thriving region. Employers, chambers, postsecondary institutions, workforce development, economic development, nonprofit organizations, and others won’t want to miss this opportunity.
Objectives for Pre-Regional Summit (March 7th) include:
- An overview of SNAP student eligibility and emerging policies
- Explore strategies to promote awareness of SNAP E&T
- Why community college partnerships are important to a quality E&T program
- Identify best practices in case and data management of SNAP E&T
- Examine services states can make available through E&T
- Explore how SNAP E&T can increase educational attainment and connection to quality jobs
Objectives for the Regional Summit (March 8th) include:
- Examine the current state of the regional workforce, exploring policies that are working for underserved populations - and what more can be done
- Unlock stakeholder perspectives on serving underserved populations
- Explore what’s new in workforce-postsecondary education partnerships as well as employer-postsecondary education partnerships and how these programs meet employer needs
- Examine how these types of partnerships support improving equity for individuals to access education and career pathways that lead to good jobs in in-demand fields
- Identify and explore ways to overcome barriers for individuals to access workforce education, training programs, and postsecondary programs
- Examine employer sponsored education and training programs and explore best practices that are scalable for upskilling, reskilling and cross skilling
- Unpack skill-based hiring practices that work
- Networking, learning, collaborating, celebrating
Sign up for updates about this Regional Summit!
Save the Date! Complete this FORM to receive updates or to be put on the Early Registration List!
For questions or additional information, contact us at email@example.com
Subscribe to Event Updates
Become a Member
Join CAEL today and become part of a community striving to create a world where every adult has a pathway to lifelong learning and meaningful work.