Build or Advance Your SNAP E&T Program Through ALCEF
Colleges that participate in ALCEF’s exploration or capacity building cohorts will have the opportunity to work directly with the ALCEF team, with the goal of connecting more students to SNAP E&T benefits and supports.
- The Exploration Cohort is for colleges that are new to SNAP E&T and considering developing a program for their students.
- The Capacity-Building Cohort is for colleges that already offer a SNAP E&T program and are interested in expanding or improving their program.
Benefits of Participating
- Receive high-quality training and customized technical assistance from SNAP E&T experts and practitioners.
- Connect with peers and other colleges offering SNAP E&T
- Connect with state leadership, local community organizations, workforce boards, and other partners.
- Develop a customized roadmap to enhance your understanding of the local SNAP E&T landscape.
- Gain new and enhanced strategies to support students’ basic needs.
- No cost to participate in cohorts
Steps to Getting Involved
- Fill out our short (1-minute) interest form.
- Register and participate in the cohort info session December 8th 2023.
- Decide if you’d like to move ahead with participation. The learning and information series should provide you with the information you need to decide if you’d like to be part of ALCEF. See our FAQ below for more information about participation.
- Who should participate?
- Colleges that are new to SNAP E&T
- Colleges that are existing SNAP E&T providers looking to further grow and advance their programs
- What is SNAP E&T?
- SNAP Employment and Training (SNAP E&T) is the employment and training program for people who receive SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition and Assistance Program) benefits (federal food assistance).
- SNAP E&T can help SNAP recipients gain skills, training, and/or work experience to obtain employment that leads to economic self-sufficiency. SNAP E&T providers are typically community colleges, non-profit agencies, and for-profit training providers.
- How can SNAP E&T support students?
- SNAP E&T can help support students in a variety of ways. At community colleges, SNAP E&T can provide assistance with books, training supplies, transportation, tuition, childcare subsidies, and more.
- SNAP E&T also supports partnerships and co-enrollment between providers to serve students holistically.
- Is this a free opportunity?
- There is no cost to participate in cohorts
NOTE: If you choose to participate in regional convenings, you would have to cover travel and meal costs
- How long is this opportunity/what is the time commitment?
- Colleges that participate in one of ALCEF’s two cohorts will have the opportunity to work with the ALCEF team over the course of a year through trainings and technical assistance.
Questions? Please contact Le’Shay Guy at CAEL: email@example.com
|To learn more about APHSA’s expertise, click here.||To learn more about SJI’s expertise, click here.||
To learn more about Grant Associates' expertise, click here.