CAEL and Indiana University have developed an online, instructor-led course designed specifically for those who need to provide career and education advice to adults.
This 12-week intensive course covers the following key topics:
- Apply career development theory to your work
- Advising Adults: Approaches and Competencies
- Exploring Career and Education Options
- Advising Diverse Populations: understanding social, cultural and economic contexts
- Advise a diverse workforce
- The Career Planning Process: assessment; data-gathering; goal-setting; action plan
- Ethics in Advising
- Capstone: You will be required to exhibit understanding of the skills necessary for providing successful career and education advising
Continuing Education Credit
The total anticipated contact time for this course is 90 contact hours (9 CEU’s for organizations awarding CEU’s for the instruction).
The course is $895. CAEL members and/or groups of 5 or more who register for the same course start date receive a 15% discount. Please email email@example.com for information on how to receive the discount.