CAEL helps postsecondary institutions offer a holistic learning experience for adult learners. This includes assessment and recognition of prior learning and coursework that develops skills critical for career success in growth industries. Postsecondary institutions and systems can rely on CAEL's experience, expertise, and guidance.
Are you preparing your learners for the future of work?
How CAEL Can Help
Preserve value of postsecondary education
Maximize learning's potential to improve job satisfaction, income, and career-advancement opportunities
Boost enrollment, retention, and completion
Improve postsecondary educational outcomes, particularly among adult learners
Align curricula with workforce needs
Forge mutually beneficial relationships within growth industries to keep curricula well aligned with real-time workforce needs
Building Staff Capacity
- Credit for prior learning, including PLA processes
- Engaging and supporting adult learners -- learn about our 10 principles framework for best practices
- Structuring and offering accelerated programs
- Career and education advising
- Coaching adult students
Enhancing the Exceptional: CUNY SPS, Adult Learner 360, and Responsive Student ResourcesCUNY School of Professional Studies uses performance assessment data to remain agile and effective in serving adult learners.
Consulting & Program Support
- Credit for Prior Learning (including PLA)
- Accelerated programs
- Attracting and supporting adult learners -- learn about our 10 principles framework for best practices
- Assessing institutional effectiveness in serving adult learners, including Adult Learner 360TM
Take our Adult Learner 360 Readiness Quiz
- Developing strategic partnerships with employers and the workforce system
- Aligning curricula with workforce needs
How Parallel Surveys Helped KC Scholars Stay on the Path to Adult Learner Success
The KC Scholars program increases postsecondary education attainment by complementing robust qualitative feedback with actionable data.
Platforms & Tools
- Statewide/Systemwide Work Learn Earn
- With 40+ years of experience in career-exploration services, CAEL created our Work Learn Earn® solution to help develop a healthy workforce talent pipeline and connections to employers with open positions. Learn more.
- PLA Accelerator
- The PLA Accelerator is an interactive questionnaire that streamlines the PLA intake process, making it easy for students to share their education, work, and life experiences. Learn more.
The Virtuous Cycle of Work Learn Earn
Bringing together industry, workforce organizations, postsecondary institutions, and working adults can solidify pathways to sustainable employment and regional economic growth.